Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Tired of Facebook censorship? Join Tea Party Community.

Shocking! Venezuelan Lawmaker Put Hit Out on Florida Senator

U.S. Intelligence detected a threat against Senator Marco Rubio.

The Florida Senator is known as an ardent critic of Venezuela’s government. 

Venezuelan leader; #KevinJackson

Senator Marco Rubio

Diosdado Cabello is thought to be the one who issued the death warrant against Rubio. Cabello is a powerful lawmaker and former military chief in South America. He is part of the socialist party, which rules Venezuela. Rubio apparently crossed Cabello with his public comments. Rubio has been extremely vocal about the ongoing crisis in Venezuela, condemning the country and its president, Nicolas Maduro.

The Feds can’t prove there’s a hit out on Rubio, but they sure have beefed up security around him in both Washington and Miami.

As The Miami Herald Reports:

At a July 19 Senate hearing, the same day he was first spotted with more security, Rubio repeated his line that Cabello — who has long been suspected by U.S. authorities of drug trafficking — is “the Pablo Escobar of Venezuela.” A week ago on Twitter, Cabello dubbed the senator “Narco Rubio.”

The death threat was outlined in a memo to several law enforcement agencies disseminated last month by the Department of Homeland Security. The memo, designated “law enforcement sensitive” but not classified, was obtained by the Miami Herald.

The memo revealed an “order to have Senator Rubio assassinated,” though it also warned that “no specific information regarding an assassination plot against Senator Rubio has been garnered thus far” and that the U.S. had not been able to verify the threat.

According to the memo, Cabello might have gone as far as to contact “unspecified Mexican nationals” in connection with his plan to harm Rubio.

The U.S. believes Cabello controls all of Venezuela’s security forces. Rubio, a Republican, has President Donald Trump’s ear on U.S. policy toward Venezuela.

No Comment

Since the story broke, no one seems to have a comment. The Venezuelan Embassy and Marco Rubio both said “no comment”. Meanwhile the Capitol Police said it would be inappropriate if they commented. And of course, Cabello isn’t answering his emails. All the hushity-hush sounds like serious business to me.

Tensions are running high these days, anyway. Earlier this summer, practice for the Congressional Baseball Game was met with open fire. Republicans were targeted and House Whip Steve Scalise faced severe injuries when he was shot. Capitol Police ended up killing the shooter. However, many people still question how such an event unfolded.

In fact, since Rubio fights against reported corruption, human rights violations and drug trafficking taking place in Venezuela. Further, he calls for sanctions against corrupt officials. Therefore, it’s not hard to believe he, too, could be targeted by violence.

Venezuela’s Threat

Cabello and a host of other high-ranking government officials have been on US radar for quite a while. They deny being drug smugglers, yet the numbers support otherwise. Vice President Tareck El Aissami denies being a drug kingpin, but has at least $500 million tucked overseas. Furthermore, Rubio makes it common knowledge.

As the Herald continues:

Rubio, 46, has led the push for a robust U.S. response against Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro’s government before and after a disputed July 30 vote that elected a new legislative body whose powers supersede all other government branches — including the opposition-held parliament. Rubio has publicly warned Maduro to beware of people in his inner circle who might be looking to betray him.

The White House was succeeding in creating a regional coalition to pressure Maduro until Trump said offhandedly Friday that a “military option” in Venezuela remained possible, despite little to no support in the U.S., Venezuela or Latin America for such intervention.

“We’re not surprised by threats from the empire, from its chief Trump,” Cabello wrote Saturday on Twitter. “In the face of such deranged imperial threats, each person should man their trench. Mine will be next to the people defending the fatherland!”

Undoubtedly, Trump is unwavered by Cabello’s comments. As Trump already made clear, the time of diplomatic ass-kissing ended with Obama.



Send this to a friend