The new bailout plan is a great example of Democrats playing chess, while we are playing checkers. A couple of days ago I blogged that Pelosi included “contraception” in the bailout plan. Well yesterday she had “a little ‘splaining to do“. After all the explaining, it appears they are now considering dropping the “family planning” aka subsidized abortion–on-demand provision of the bailout farce.
But while your eyes were diverted on this racist and heinous policy of infanticide cloaked as contraception, the real “trickeration” was happening right under our noses.
Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?
Aside from the new president, I’m not sure if we have any Muslim’s in American politics. If so, may I suggest they take today off. Because this bill before Congress today is a real PorkFest. A veritable Pork-a-Palooza. A pig-in-a-blanket of warm US greenbacks.
To go through all the bill’s inane and wacky points would make this blog a novel, so I can only highlight a few:
- $650 million for digital TV coupons. Since when is it the government’s responsibility to provide TV? Only in America would we allocate this much money for something so ridiculous. This is larger than the GDP of half the countries in Africa.
- $600 million for new cars for the federal government. Obama got a new ride, why not the rest of government. And why isn’t this part of the money loaned in the auto bailout? I say let these bureaucrats do what the rest of America does when their cars get old. Live with ’em.
- $6 billion for colleges/universities – What more investment in “lower ed” do we need, when all they do is create more liberals? This is an increase in the limits on Pell grants. Here’s an idea: Colleges and universities start lowering tuition instead of raising it every year.
- $50 million in funding for the National Endowment of the Arts. Pork Pocketchange. I can only hope they send some of this my way, as The Black Sphere qualifies as art in my humble opinion.
- $200 million for the National Mall, including $21 million for sod. Why do we need a “National Mall”? Let them shop at Wal-Mart like the rest of America.
- $360 million to potentially be used to put on transsexual beauty pageants and erotic art shows. Do I even need to comment?
- ACORN will receive potentially $4.19 billion. They are financing their next election with our money. And guess where you will catch Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton hanging out?
This is arrogance beyond belief. But the real arrogance is that based on most estimates only 7% of this money will go to infrastructure and the creation of new jobs, as if they really believe a Liberal can create jobs. Now that’s funny!
Here’s the wrap:
Obama promised the “…greatest ethical standard ever administered to an executive branch.” In ObamaSpeak, this translates as, “I don’t have to actually live up to the standard, because ONE we are in a “crisis” and TWO I’m Obama damnit.”
If you are curious as to why the Democrats wanted a bill ready to go for Obama, and all the posturing was done early on about transparency, it’s because you were being set up for the magic show.
And that bit about lobbyists? Consider that Obama broke his own policy in hiring former lobbyist William J. Lynn III, I think you know that the expiration date has already occurred on that promise. And to further emphasize my point that the rules don’t apply to Obama, here is the buzz on The Hill, as explained in Yahoo News:
“Lobbyists are hard at work figuring out ways to grab a share of the money for their clients, but the new rules mean they’re doing so indirectly — and sometimes in ways that are impossible to track.”
I’m having trouble seeing through all this transparency. I guess I need to have my vision checked again for hypocrisy.
That’s my rant!
© 2009 Kevin Jackson – The Black Sphere All Rights Reserved
If you like what you read here, then SIGN-UP to get our posts sent directly to your INBOX! We promise to provide information, insight, and a few chuckles. Also, YOU will be supporting a FEARLESS CONSERVATIVE WARRIOR!