My buddy BZ shared this with me and I found it too good not to post! As a law enforcement officer and strict constitutionalist, BZ knows his stuff.
Read on and enjoy!
A few years ago, before transferring to EVOC, I was the Rangemaster for a major metropolitan law enforcement agency in Northern Fornicalia.
Whilst there, this list was posted on my door and, considering the temper of the times and recent headlines, bears repeating here:
1. Bring a gun. Preferably at least two guns. Bring all your friends who have guns.
2. Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting twice.
3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
4. If your shooting stance is good, you’re probably not moving fast enough.
5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend.
6. If you can choose what to bring, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance or tactics; they will only remember who lived.
8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading and running.
9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on the “pucker factor” than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
10. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. All skill is in vain when an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket.
11. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
12. Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you LOSE.
13. Have a plan.
14. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won’t work.
15. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
16. Don’t drop your guard.
17. Always tactically reload and threat-scan 360 degrees.
18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. In God we trust, all others: let me see your hands.
19. Decide to be aggressive enough, quickly enough.
20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you get.
21. Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
22. Your Number One option for personal security is a life-long commitment to avoidance, deterrence and de-escalation.
23. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
If you like what you read here, then SIGN-UP to get our posts sent directly to your INBOX! We promise to provide information, insight, and a few chuckles. Also, YOU will be supporting a FEARLESS CONSERVATIVE WARRIOR!