I got this email from New York Public Radio. It’s essentially a race-pimping advisory, as the black Left annually uses the birthday of MLK, Jr for profit.
Think these people will have a discussion of how GREAT things were post-MLK, and pre-Obama?
Or will this just be more victimization?
Look at the list of participants and you will get evidence of what I know is your answer. The author of How to be black? Really. I didn’t know there was an authority. How about this one, the Director for Million Hoodies for Justice.
The Apollo Theater & WNYC Present
“Hear Our Voices, Count Our Votes:
MLK’s March Continues”
Co-Hosted by WNYC’s Brian Lehrer and MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry
With Congressman Charles Rangel, Majora Carter,
Baratunde Thurston, Darryl Pinckney, and many others
Sunday, January 18, 3-5pm
Free and Open to the Public
WHAT: The Apollo Theater and WNYC are partnering for a second year to present WNYC’s annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day celebration with “Hear Our Voices, Count Our Votes: MLK’s March Continues,” presented as part of the Apollo’s Uptown Hall series. On Sunday, January 18th at 3pm, WNYC’s Peabody Award-winning host Brian Lehrer and MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry will convene a discussion that looks at how—50 years after the passage of the historic Voting Rights Act—communities across America continue to grapple with voter disenfranchisement, suppression, strained police-community relations, discrimination and other challenges to full equality. Lehrer will kick off the afternoon with a one-on-one conversation with Congressman Charles Rangel about his memories and involvement in the Marches on Selma, his reverence for Dr. King, and more. Other guests will include:
· Rita L. Bender, widow of Michael Schwerner, one of three civil rights workers murdered in 1964 by the KKK
· Baratunde Thurston, co-host of Take Part Live on Pivot TV, CEO and co-founder of Cultivated Wit, and author of How To Be Black
· Darryl Pinckney, author of Ball Blackballed: The Black Vote and US Democracy
· Majora Carter, urban revitalization strategist at Majora Carter Group
· Dante Barry, Director at Million Hoodies Movement for Justice
· Janai Nelson, Associate Director-Counsel at NAACP Legal Defense Fund
· Michael Skolnik, president of GlobalGrind.com
If you like what you read here, then SIGN-UP to get our posts sent directly to your INBOX! We promise to provide information, insight, and a few chuckles. Also, YOU will be supporting a FEARLESS CONSERVATIVE WARRIOR!