On a visit to Fox News DC bureau around 2006, I was introduced to Bill Kristol, editor of the Weekly Standard.
Kristol was about to go on the Chris Wallace Show as part of Sunday’s pundit panel.
“So you’re the King of the Neocons!” I blurted out.
You’d have thought I’d wacked him upside his head with a two-by-four.
His face reddened and he looked at me as if to say, “Alright already, ENOUGH!”
To his credit, he was friendly and polite; but the faux pas I committed was made obvious by his uncontrolled reaction. For the record, I meant it as a compliment.
This brings me to the Project for a New American Century, of which Crystal is a signatory. The mission statement of the group is as follows:
“…shape a new century favorable to American principles and interests.”
“…a foreign policy that boldly and purposefully promotes American principles.”
“…Increase defense spending significantly.”
“…challenge regimes hostile to US interests and values.”
“…accept America’s unique role in preserving and extending an international order friendly to our security, our prosperity and our principles.”
The unnamed enemy is most dangerous of all.
We’re in a perilous position today. This was perpetrated by poisonous accusations of the USA as an evil country by the Obama Administration, a previously traitorous Dem-controlled Congress, accommodating RINOS, and a Mainstream Media stewing in America-hate.
Our security posture is precarious, to say the least.
Here’s what took place with the rise of fanatical Islamic terror since 1979:
• Iran’s invasion of the US Embassy, including the kidnapping of 66 US diplomats held hostage for 444 days. The fanatical Islamic regime released them on January 20th, 1981, the day Ronald Reagan was inaugurated.
• The attack on United States Marine Corps barracks in Lebanon in 1983. 241 Marines and sailors were murdered that day in the act that gave Hezbollah its terror creds. Ronald Reagan, an otherwise great president, didn’t do a frikkin’ thing about it.
• The 1991 Desert Storm war under President George Herbert Walker Bush gave us a chance to put Saddam away. Herbert Walker ordered our forces to back off while on the yellow brick road to Baghdad. He allowed the UN to intervene on Saddam’s behalf. The senior Bush initiated Hussein to murder thousands of Iraqis who cooperated with the US.
• First attack on World Trade Center by Islamic fanatics in 1993 planned by Santa Claus cap-wearing blind Sheik Omar Abdel – Rahman. Obama tried to have him released in 2012.
• The 1996 bomb attack on Saudi Khobar Towers–19 US Airmen killed and 372 others injured.
• Clinton DOJ indicts Osama bin Laden in 1998. I heard bin Laden laughed so hard he burst a kidney.
• A small boat approached the USS Cole and exploded off a portion of the ship’s side. Seventeen US sailors were killed and 39 were injured.
The decision bin Laden and al-Qaeda made to attack us on 9/11 was not because they wanted to die for Jihad. The reason they plunged those passenger-full jets into our buildings chock-full of people was because they considered us a paper tiger. They didn’t think we had the backbone needed to effectively commit to the long-term battle it would take to defeat extremist Muslim terrorists.
Except for a brief period under the Dubya’s leadership, they were right. The presidents and Congress of the United States of America, too worried about keeping their jobs than protecting the country, caved in before and after W’s valiant efforts.
Now we’re back to the policies of a man who many consider to be Muslim by his terrorist-enabling appeasement, and certainly his actions warrant such sentiment.
Perhaps it’s time to pay attention to our history and the mission statement of the Project for a New American Century.