Baltimore Stats the Left doesn’t want you to know
What’s Really Burning In Baltimore – 50 Years Of Liberal Welfare State Policies
I’ve seen the liberal lying MSM pondering how ‘we’ could allow the riots, looting, burning and lawlessness to happen, as if it is our collective fault.
Obama stands before his teleprompter and pontificates about the need for us to end the poverty that supposedly led to Purge Night in Charm City. That term cracks me up. The city has so much charm, its football team once sneaked out of town overnight and headed to Indianapolis. It has so much charm its baseball team was forced to play a game with no fans in the stands.
I think most people can agree that Freddie Gray, a petty drug dealer, was killed in police custody for the crime of looking suspicious. The policemen who killed him deserve to go to jail for murder. As usual, the powers that be circled the wagons and intended to exonerate the hero first responders. The people of Baltimore had a right to be pissed.
They had a right to protest.
However, they didn’t have a right to burn businesses and cars. Nor did they have the right to riot, loot, and injure others.
It is the police department created and controlled for decades by Democratic progressive politicians that has committed the atrocities against the people who have been electing these progressives year after year. Baltimore has a corrupt, reckless, out of control police department enabled by a crooked and incompetent Baltimore politicians. The rap sheet for Baltimore’s finest is long:
- Police commissioner Ed Norris was sent to prison on corruption charges (2004)
- Two detectives were sentenced to 454 years in prison for dealing drugs (2005)
- An officer was dismissed after being videotaped verbally abusing a 14-year-old and then failing to file a report on his use of force against the same teenager (2011)
- An officer was been fired for sexually abusing a minor (2014)
- The city paid a quarter-million-dollar settlement to a man police illegally arrested for the non-crime of recording them at work with his mobile phone.