Dr. Carmen Harra is an intuitive psychologist and HuffPo weekly contributor. As far as I can tell, an intuitive psychologist is someone who combines aspects of far-eastern religious tenets, motivational slogans, hardcore socialism, and general mystical psychobabble to help and heal people, which is euphemism for “separate them from their money.”
Next time the Huffington Post criticizes Christians for what they believe remember that they published this article for serious consideration.
16 Shocking Predictions for 2016, by Dr. Carmen Harrah, Ph.D reads like a shared peyote trip between Deepak Chopra, Al Gore, and Karl Marx mixed with the book of Revelation as it would be told by Josh Earnest if it the events were happening on Obama’s watch. I’ve threatened Twitchy in jest before with a lawsuit for brain damage incurred when they post something from Vox. It’s a similar feeling now.
I almost feel the need to apologize for putting you readers through this. Most of it boils down to sudden magical enlightenment that will sweep away all contention (translation: people who disagree with us will see the light or die off). She flat out tells you to “reprogram your beliefs”. Just brace yourselves, it’s about to get weird.
1. Earthquakes. Earthquakes will increase in strength and frequency once more this year. This is the Earth’s way of releasing pent-up energy because of the strain it’s endured.
I guess that’s one way to say earthquakes are caused by the stresses of shifting tectonic plates rubbing against each other. A way that implies it’s our fault.
2. War and peace. Russia will continue to attack Ukraine but will sign a collaboration agreement with China. North and South Korea will join forces this year.
Do you think the 2nd Amendment will be destroyed by the Biden Administration?
North and South Korea will join forces this year? This woman is likely too committed to big government utopian philosophy to understand why that notion is absurd. North Korea is the redheaded stepchild leftists keep locked in the attic when they extol the virtues of a centralized society. Suggesting, sorry, predicting that North and South Korea will form an alliance implies a validity North Korea doesn’t have. Even among dictatorships it’s in a league of its own. It has no formal relations with any other country, China sort of tolerates them and keeps them around as a diversion. But more simply, you might as well state that in 2016 oil and water will mix. Plus, you have to dismiss one nation’s functional society and another’s staggering atrocities, which admittedly is easy for a leftist. And isn’t it just reassuring that she considers a China/Russia coalition as “peace”?
3. Weather will be extreme. We will experience extremely heavy winters and extremely hot summers. Global warming is being made evident by extremes in weather patterns: when it will be cold, it will be brutally cold. And when it will be hot, it will be scorching. This will hold true across the globe.
Not really sure what more needs to be said on this. Only that it’s obvious, just like with all climate alarmists, that she’s covering the bases. All change indicates global warming. There’s no baseline to measure climate stabilization.
4. We will become more robotic.
Actually believe she’s right here, although I think it’s not really a shocking prediction. Not exactly original anymore but, $15 dollars an hour, meet your replacement.
5. People will protest.
You don’t say. Will the sun rise as well? Actually there’s more to it.
I see hundreds of thousands of people in the street at the same time in cities throughout the world. There will be a global event which will ask people to step out of their homes and march through the streets. The number of people simultaneously gathered outside all over the globe will be unprecedented. There will also be a critical meeting of leaders worldwide to address pending issues like climate change, the economy, and terrorism–elements that affect us all.
Yes, as the Fabian Socialists planned long ago, as they increase their global influence discontent will rise. World leaders will spend fortunes and burn copious fossil fuels to stay in luxury accommodations while they address these issues. The universal answer to all of them will be more power and control for them. An unprecedented crackdown will ensue.
6. A new system of money. There will be changes in the monetary system, particularly a new system of money including new bills and coins. In the future, there will be only one global monetary system, as Europe has done with the Euro. We’ll find new ways to be reimbursed for our labor, pay for goods, and so on. We will come to the realization that paper money needs to be replaced with a more efficient alternative, so we’ll develop electronic currency. In addition, the countless banks that exist today will converge into one single bank that spans across the globe.
Sometimes, it really does seem like they take the events depicted in Revelation and ask themselves, how can we put a positive spin on this?
7. More female leaders. …We will begin to see increasing numbers of women as national leaders as the feminine force brings unity and harmony between the energies of the two sexes.
Because nothing says unity like feminism. The reason why this is the wrong idea will forever elude leftists, simply because they do not recognize merit-based ascension. Let’s face it, if that were implemented they’d never be leaders. She can’t say anything like, “And people will stop caring entirely about race or gender and start electing people for their ideas,” because the left will never do that. What does “feminine force”, as it stands, have to do with economic policy? Or raving, dark age murderers charging your gates (gates inexplicably left open)? Also, what’s so great about unity? Unity cannot prevent disagreement, which it must ultimately squash or be separated.
8. Intervention in police violence. Recently there has been increased attention to police violence. The system of law enforcement has proven to fail time and time again. This year will bring many more protests against police violence and under this pressure, police departments will enforce new techniques to keep officers under check, such as body cameras.
I’m just flat out done with these people. This is the battle cry of people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. The answer Black Lives Matter is looking for was best said by Jim Carrey in Liar Liar, but it’s an answer they’ll never accept. In context with the rest of progressive philosophy it takes away from the very real impending concern of the police state, which isn’t about the beat cops on the streets.
9. Trouble in the White House. I don’t see Trump in the final phases of the elections–something might happen to him. The final race will be between Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton.
Even if Trump fades away, Jeb Bush? Screw you. Actually, I can see the Republican establishment somehow securing his nomination but I believe, or at least I hope, right minded voters are tired of holding their nose and pulling the lever for the R just because. The left is trying to choose their opponent. The reality today is that Bush is a fringe candidate who will not receive any primary votes from anyone under 50. Dr. Harrah also couldn’t resist a little throwback to #7 stating the White House has been primed for a woman for a long time. Again, that is not a qualifier, for exactly the same reason it isn’t a disqualifier.
10. We will defeat Isis. Isis will continue their tactics of intimidation here and there, but their intensity will diminish towards the end of 2016.
I hope we can defeat ISIS, although without meaning to downplay their atrocities, I have worried in the past that they might ultimately prove to be a red herring to the worse threat from Iran. As for the subject of their diminishing intensity, recently the Blaze covered a disturbing piece on their increasing level of sophistication. It’s not a very fun read. ISIS essentially has a full R&D branch now, engineers working on completely new ideas. I know the psychological importance of recognition, but if we were being honest with ourselves we would admit we ne need to redraw the map of the Middle East. Whether we like it or not, they’ve carved out their own nation and so far have defended it successfully.
11. A slow economy.
This is another one where I don’t necessarily disagree with her prediction so much as the conclusion it brings her to.
Only by developing one international financial system will the economy become whole, steady, and healed. In the farther future, money will no longer be the root of all evil.
Let me put this as simply as I can. If leftists designed ships their idea of dealing with the risks of icebergs would be to eliminate watertight compartments.
12. We will heal through nature. We may not haven’t discovered the elixir of life yet, but more cures have been invented than we can imagine. We do have a cure for cancer and many other illnesses, but we’re not allowed access to them yet. It might not happen this year, but we will benefit from effective vaccines against cancer. There will be advancements in the medical field at the level of cellular behavior. We will be able to heal illnesses by dealing with them at their source: cells that malfunction.
People are moving towards healing themselves rather than having a pill or machine heal them. We’re educating ourselves on natural cures and applying them to live longer, healthier lives. More people will steer away from traditional medical methods–which are often invasive and harsh on the body–and instead will cure their own bodies, minds, and spirits.
She left nature behind pretty quickly there. A little psychobabble, a little conspiracy theory, and then she was off. She was unaware of the damage she was doing to her cause. I’m currently reading a fascinating book by Peter Huber that I heartily recommend. In it he discusses the frankly astounding science fiction level of medical breakthroughs we’re on the cusp of. There’s just one thing hindering progress. You guessed it, progressives.
13. The monarchy will end. This is the last generation that the monarchy will survive. Prince William is introducing tremendous change and an overall modernization of the British royal system. He will be last king of the British monarchy. Something may also happen to Queen Elizabeth this year. Humanity will unite in terms of leadership; the long-ruling systems of monarchy, papacy, presidency, dictatorship, and so on, won’t survive in the near future.
Not really much to say about the first part except Dr. Harrah might still think Britain is ruled by a monarchy. As for the second part HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Only global leaders with new titles isn’t funny, it’s horrifying. Maybe they’ll choose Potentate.
14. We will evolve. Human DNA will increase in complexity, thereby expanding our mental capacity and the level of our perception. Our life spans will increase due to several factors, including our DNA transforming. Carbon 12, the very basis of the human body, will transmute into carbon 7. This change in our genetic makeup will amplify multidimensional thought and lead to higher levels of understanding.
Let’s get one thing out of the way. The premise of evolution is that complexity increases via a process of elimination. OK, fine. You’ve accepted that much. That freaking’ word is tacked on everywhere now. “Oh, I was going to have egg salad for lunch, but then I
changed my mind evolved on it and opted for a tuna sandwich.” That’s not hyperbole, that’s how people talk now. Politicians “evolve” on the issues now when caught flip-flopping. Making the term omnipresent in parlance doesn’t prove the concept.
That aside, here she actually means it. Yes, in 2016, we’ll start becoming the X-Men. She actually said the complexity of DNA will increase, the epitome of speaking on things without knowledge of the processes behind it. I looked up Carbon 7 and found this YouTube video. You can watch it if you want, but I don’t recommend it. I’ll translate as best I can since I’m not fluent in moonbat. Carbon is the building block of life. Standard carbon is carbon 12, which is made up of 6 protons, 6 neutrons, and 6 electrons. (gasp) 666! Nevermind that that would be a mathematical certainty on the periodic table. There are isotopes such as carbon 14 which has 8 neutrons. But what’s going to happen to us is that all the carbon 12 will suddenly transmute into an as of yet undiscovered carbon 7 isotope. For gamers, remember that transmute is how you turn iron into silver and silver into gold in Skyrim, so we’re now talking about real life magic. We don’t know why, and we don’t know how, but that will turn us into superbeings with interdimensional psychic powers.
On the downside, isotopes are radioactive so it will be disastrous for nuclear proliferation and we’ll need those holistic cancer cures when most of our bodies will be immensely more radioactive than they are presently. We also don’t know why this will only happen to carbon.
And that’s her last one. 15 is, “We will live longer,” and 16 is, “There will be chaos.” But those were copouts, arbitrarily extending the 2016 list to 16 predictions. 15 she covered in 12 and 16 was covered in 1, 2, 3, 5, and 8.
So that’s what the crystal ball, the tarot cards, and the chicken bones say for 2016. We’ll live longer and healthier with our miracle cures but that will be counter balanced by extreme climate change, natural disasters, and worldwide protests by people with superpowers.
Happy New Year!
If you like what you read here, then SIGN-UP to get our posts sent directly to your INBOX! We promise to provide information, insight, and a few chuckles. Also, YOU will be supporting a FEARLESS CONSERVATIVE WARRIOR!