President Trump would be crazy not to impose a travel order against Muslims.
Obama reluctantly did it, and you can imagine that conversation. You know things had to be really bad, given Obama’s penchant for Muslims.
Obama capitulated, because dozens of terror attacks have occurred in the U.S. on his watch, and they were carried out by Muslim immigrants and refugees.
Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL), chairman for the Subcommittee on Immigration and Natural Interest recently disclosed:
take our poll - story continues below
“The [subcommittee] has identified at least 26 foreign-born individuals inside the U.S. who have either been charged with or convicted of terrorism in the last year with even more examples going back several years.”
The list helps explain the motivation for President Trump’s quick action to implement a temporary refugee ban.
The Importance of Naming the Enemy
According to AL, most of the immigrants and refugees who plotted terror on U.S. targets were from majority-Muslim countries.
- A Kazakhstani immigrant threatened to shoot FBI and other law enforcement agents if they prevented him from traveling to Syria to join ISIS.
- A Saudi Arabian immigrant swore allegiance to ISIS and pledged to explode a bomb on U.S. soil.
- An Uzbek man in Brooklyn raised money for ISIS and encouraged other Uzbeki nationals to wage jihad on behalf of ISIS.
- The Boston Bombers were invited into the U.S. as refugees. Their terror attack killed three and injured more than 250 Bostonians.
- A Moroccan national was arrested for plotting to blow up an American university and a federal court house.
- Six Somali refugees were arrested in Minnesota for trying to join ISIS.
- An Uzbeki refugee was convicted of terrorism in Idaho for teaching terror recruits how to make bombs.
- A Syrian immigrant was accused of planning to “kill three or four American soldiers execution style on a Texas military base.”
- A Somali immigrant attempted to blow up a Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Oregon.
- An immigrant from Afghanistan was convicted of “joining Al Qaeda and the Taliban in order to kill Americans.”
- An Iraqi immigrant was arrested for lying to federal agents about travelling to Syria and pledging allegiance to ISIS.
- Two Pakistani immigrants were convicted of plotting to detonate a bomb in New York City.
- An immigrant from Yemen was arrested for trying to join ISIS, attempting to illegally buy firearms to kill American military personnel, and resisting arrest.
- A Kuwaiti immigrant carried out the Islamist attack that killed 5 military personnel in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
If we don’t know how terrorists are entering the U.S., how can we possibly stop future attacks? But this intelligence provides law enforcement with crucial information to successfully wage the domestic war on terror.
U.S. Immigration Reform is Critical
Senator Sessions emphasized that these terrorist attacks highlight the need for greater scrutiny of those coming into the United States.
“U.S. officials have no capacity to predict whether those seeking refuge are likely to join militant groups.” Sessions added that these incidents are just a few of those identified by his committee. They should serve as a warning against any plan for relocation of immigrants, especially from Syria.
As a reminder, President Trump’s travel order includes refugees from the following seven countries: Iraq, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Sudan, Libya and Somalia. Refugees and immigrants from four of these countries are included on the list of terror attacks on U.S. soil, above.
Imagine if a terror attack happened on President Trump’s watch out of the gate. The cries of, “He can’t protect you!” would resonate worldwide.
If you like what you read here, then SIGN-UP to get our posts sent directly to your INBOX! We promise to provide information, insight, and a few chuckles. Also, YOU will be supporting a FEARLESS CONSERVATIVE WARRIOR!