Trading military equipment maintenance for fraudulently funded Bureaucratic perks, Obama made America vulnerable, again.
The U.S. military is in a state of disrepair and many servicemen and women are waiting to be paid thanks to President Obama’s eight year crusade to defund the Department of Defense in favor of funneling tax dollars to creating a nanny state. This is the legacy Obama left America’s armed forces; he made us vulnerable to our enemies.
State of Military Readiness
Thanks to former President Obama’s relentless efforts to defund the military, here are some details regarding the state of U.S. military readiness:
- There’s a serious concern with Special Operations parachute training;
- Servicemen are searching out boneyards and museums for aviation spare parts;
- We don’t have a Carrier Group on station in the Persian Gulf;
- Our Warriors need to purchase their own gear; and
- We’re losing combat fighter pilots, regardless of additional pay bonuses.
As reported by Defense News,
“The U.S. Navy’s F/A-18 Hornet and Super Hornet strike fighters are the tip of the spear, embodying most of the fierce striking power of the aircraft carrier strike group.”
Almost two-thirds of the fleet’s strike fighters can’t fly because they’re undergoing maintenance, awaiting parts, or awaiting repair by the aviation depot backlog. This is unconscionable. The report continued:
More than half the Navy’s aircraft are grounded, because there isn’t enough money to fix them.
There isn’t enough money to fix the fleet’s ships, and the backlog continues to grow. Overhauls are being canceled or deferred, and when ships do come in they need longer to refit. … Some submarines are out of service for prolonged periods, as much as four years or more.”
Did Obama do this to us on purpose? Allen West sums up, “Our venerable U.S. Navy, a ‘Global Force for Good’ is falling apart.”
From Warriors to Wimps
Allen West also detailed why former Secretary of the Navy, Ray Mabus, by “all measurable criteria, sucked at his job.” A summary of his epic failure to support our military readiness includes:
- Allowing Obama’s progressive socialist “fairness doctrine” and concern about transgenderism and other social experimentation irrelevance to get funding that should have gone to equipment maintenance;
- U.S. Sailors put on their knees at gun point by the Iranians and Secretary of State John Kerry thanking them for it;
- Iranian fast boats harassing our naval vessels in the Persian Gulf; and
- Russians buzzing our naval warships in international waters of the Baltic Sea countless times in a 48-hour period.
Another Wimp in the liberal quest to ignore the threat of Radical Islamic Terrorism? Former President Obama.
Here’s his partial list of epic fails:
- Bradley Manning will go free, after certifiably endangering the lives of many due to the treasonous act of releasing over 700,000 classified documents.
- Spent more on welfare nanny-state, dependency society programs, than on our military.
- Degraded our military capability and capacity.
Why, expand the welfare state rather than providing for our common defense? To stay in power, of course. Those dependent on government handouts, vote for liberals in charge of taxpayer purse strings.
Allen West asks,
“What good is it for our Republic if we have more Americans on welfare, receiving food stamps, in poverty, while we have two-thirds of our Naval aviation combat fleet grounded and can’t fly?”
Defense News also reported:
“The Navy can’t get money to move around service members and their families to change assignments, and about $440 million is needed to pay sailors. … Yet, for now, money is tight, due to several years of declining budgets mandated first by the Obama administration.”
In addition, a Pentagon-directed study found $125 billion of wasteful civilian staff spending at the Pentagon — more than enough to make sure our Sailors are paid.
There’s no excuse for this. Barack Obama and Ray Mabus failed the men and women of our U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps.
If you like what you read here, then SIGN-UP to get our posts sent directly to your INBOX! We promise to provide information, insight, and a few chuckles. Also, YOU will be supporting a FEARLESS CONSERVATIVE WARRIOR!