SURPRISE! O’Reilly Accuser Arrested
Months after his show was cancelled, it seems the credibility of at least one O’Reilly accuser is now being questioned.
My mother used to repeat an old saying that went something like “what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.” In the school yard it translates to “liar, liar, pants on fire!” Looks like Perquita Bergess is the liar.
Burgess was quick to jump on the O’Reilly bandwagon. She claims Bill called her “hot chocolate.” Furthermore, we’re supposed to believe she was offended by his statement.
Burgess only worked for Fox News for a few weeks in 2008 as a secretarial temp. She even lied about that, claiming it was 6 months. Burgess didn’t have any other claim to fame. Oddly enough, Burgess never bothered to make a sexual harassment claim until the New York Times reported that five other women managed to reach 7 figure settlements. Of course, those settlements were more than a decade old. They were handled in a time when maybe it was just easier to pay out than it was to deal with publicity.
Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism?
Yet, once Burgess heard about these old lawsuits, she decided to add to the claims. Her allegations played a significant role in Fox News’ decision to terminate O’Reilly. So you can bet the farm, O’Reilly is fired up to find out this woman is about as honest as a tele-evangelist.
From day 1, O’Reilly has denied ever having a conversation with Burgess. In fact, he said he didn’t even know who she was. “So when it came out, it was stunning.” O’Reilly said.
Now, it appears that Burgess is quite capable of manufacturing a story in order to manipulate situations.
As Newsmax learned:
A Detroit Police report dated Feb. 11, 2015, documents Burgess’s arrest on charges of making a false report and obstructing a court order.
According to the police document, Burgess called authorities and alleged her boyfriend had struck her in the face with a gun. Police said when they arrived at the scene Burgess “appeared intoxicated.”
The arresting officer stated: “I asked Ms. Burgess where the gun was that she was struck with in the face, she replied there is no gun. I again asked her where the gun was, and if she had been assaulted. Ms. Burgess stated there was no gun, and he didn’t assault me!”
The boyfriend told police she had threatened him, saying she would call “the cops saying you hit me with a gun!”
According to the police document, Burgess was arrested for filing a false felony report and for violating a personal protection order.
In a statement provided to Newsmax, Lisa Bloom, Burgess’s attorney, acknowledges the police report involving her client, but states that Burgess and her former boyfriend “both believe the charges were based on a misunderstanding and were not pursued by the police or prosecutors.”
In another document, a social media user thought to be Burgess tweeted on Nov. 24, 2012: “… up until 10 years ago Laurence Fishburne could get every oz. of my hot chocolate.”
Addressing that tweet, Bloom stated: “Ms. Burgess has used many terms to refer to herself, including on occasion ‘bitch’ and the N word. That does not give others – especially her superiors in her workplace – permission to use offensive language about her.”
It’s been 5 months since O’Reilly was fired in the wake of Burgess’ accusations. In that time, not one main stream media outlet took the time to look into Burgess’ background. It’s no wonder that O’Reilly is flustered. A fair reporter should listen to Burgess, listen to O’Reilly, and then do a little digging before deciding how to publish the story. Instead, leftists see a chance to take a shot at a conservative power house, and they say “ready, aim, fire” without so much as proof-reading the story.
As Newsmax continues:
“The press just printed everything she said,” he said. “She’s on ‘The View,’ and nobody’s even checking her out? I mean, come on.”
“This is why people use the term witch hunt,” he said.
O’Reilly, a best-selling author and star of the No. 1-rated cable news show for 16 years, maintains there is “not one shred of evidence to back any of these accusations.”
In his 42-year career working for 12 major news organizations, O’Reilly says, he was never the subject of a single human resources complaint regarding his behavior in the workplace.
O’Reilly described the push to get him kicked off Fox’s airwaves as “a well-organized political hit, very well-funded,” and did not rule out future legal action against those who orchestrated it.
He added that he expects more revelations relating to his departure from Fox News.
“We have evidence, I can tell you, that is shocking. Physical evidence that will come out that is shocking,” he said with emphasis. “I’ve seen it. So this is the first. There will be others.”
O’Reilly may not be a young guy, but he wasn’t ready to give up his days behind the desk. One can bet the farm that if he has proof of this political hit, we’ll all be seeing fireworks real soon.
If you like what you read here, then SIGN-UP to get our posts sent directly to your INBOX! We promise to provide information, insight, and a few chuckles. Also, YOU will be supporting a FEARLESS CONSERVATIVE WARRIOR!