Talk about getting the Left twisted in knots. Even the media don’t know that to report.
Will somebody get the talking points straight before Jussie Smollett reports to rehab?
The Daily Mail reports that Smollett is safe with Fox and at Empire.
20th Century Fox has denied claims Jussie Smollett is being written out of Empire.
In a statement on Wednesday morning, a spokesman for the studio told DailyMail.com: ‘Jussie Smollett continues to be a consummate professional on set and as we have previously stated, he is not being written out of the show.’
So we are clear, their denials mean that Smollett is being written out of Empire.
Trending: Is the Inauguration CANCELLED?
Further, if lying about an attack makes you a consummate professional, then I’m glad I got fired from Fox.
The article continues,
Smollett is facing allegations he staged an attack on January 29 which he reported to police as a homophobic and racist ambush.
Multiple police sources have repeatedly leaked details of their investigation to local outlets to suggest their belief that he made it up – a claim he denies.
Fox initially stood by the actor after the January 29 incident became public but went quiet as more details of the police investigation into it emerged.
However, they did allude to the notion that Fox could abandon Smollett, writing, “Fox initially stood by…”.
Fox would be foolish to allow this charade to continue. Surely they have an ethics clause that covers Smollett’s devious and diabolical behavior?
Which brings me to Page Six, who reports that Smollett’s lines were written with disappearing ink:
Scenes featuring Jussie Smollett on the TV show “Empire” have been drastically cut amid the apparent unraveling of his tale about being the victim of a hate attack, according to reports Tuesday.
The actor, who plays singer-songwriter Jamal Lyon on the hit Fox show, was supposed to have nine scenes and a big musical performance in the second-to-last episode of Season 5, production sources told TMZ.
But five scenes and the musical number have been axed, the site reported.
Smollett’s character is also no longer the focus of his remaining four scenes, which will now feature an ensemble of characters, the report said.
The 36-year-old actor is spending far less time on set as a result, the report said.
He’ll be working Friday and possibly Thursday but won’t be rehearsing.
“Empire” writers have been scrambling over the past days to revise this season’s scripts.
But we get another media inconsistency.
According to Deadline Hollywood, there are no plans yet to make any changes to the remaining episodes that have already been filmed.
But as reported earlier, they are feverishly writing out Smollett. And as indicated earlier, Smollett’s chair has been removed, as in “We’ll call you, Jussie.”.
On Monday, the show’s executive producer Brett Mahoney reiterated his support for the embattled actor, tweeting:
“I believe and stand by @JussieSmollett . Keep your head up. @EmpireWriters @EmpireFOX,” Mahoney tweeted.
Sure he does. But come Day One of the new season, Smollett will appropriately be roadkill.
Oh the irony that in trying to solidify his role in Empire, Smollett torpedoed his role and likely his career.
If only he had just taken a knee on set? It would have been so much simpler.
Potentially, Fox would have overreacted and fired him. Then he could then have sued them, gotten a $60 million payout, and still be able to hang with black elites like Beyonce and Jay-Z.
Sadly for Smollett, black people and the LGBTQ will have to turn their backs on him. At least for a little while. They must let the dust settle, or the pro-Trump crowd might get too cocky.
If you like what you read here, then SIGN-UP to get our posts sent directly to your INBOX! We promise to provide information, insight, and a few chuckles. Also, YOU will be supporting a FEARLESS CONSERVATIVE WARRIOR!