I predicted the Left would continue to use the Chinese Wuhan Virus for nefarious reasons.
I said on my radio show that the Chinese Wuhan Virus will be credited for the death of people who died from the flu, diabetes, and other diseases. Then I discovered this.
A doctor friend sent this by email.
Is the U.S using this WHO ICD coding standard? In essence the number of reported CV deaths is inaccurate because underlying serious maladies? Are other potential causes of death aren’t taken into account?
Is anyone in healthcare recording more detailed information on each death so a more accurate picture can be developed and studied later?
Now the technical issues:
YES, that was the $T waste of going from ICD9-ICD10 codes, because we were 10 yrs behind the rest of the world, while they are going to ICD11.
Do you think the 2nd Amendment will be destroyed by the Biden Administration?
From Very Well Health, we understand these codes:
International Classification of Diseases (ICD) codes are found on patient paperwork, including hospital records, medical charts, visit summaries, and bills. The 10th version of the code, in use since 2015, is called the ICD-10 and contains more than 70,000 disease codes. These codes ensure that you get proper treatment and are charged appropriately for any medical services you receive.
The ICD is maintained by the World Health Organization (WHO) and distributed in countries across the globe. In the United States, ICD codes are overseen by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS).
The ICD receives annual updates in between revisions, which is sometimes reflected in the code title. For example, the 2020 updated version is the ICD-10-CM. The ICD-11 was approved by the WHO in 2019 and goes into effect in 2022.
The doctor’s major concern explained in more detail from an article from 2018:
A lot of excitement was generated last week when the World Health Organization (WHO) announced that the International Classification of Diseases, Eleventh Edition (ICD-11) was being released. But there is a long way to go before the finalization of ICD-11.
The next milestone is for the World Health Assembly to accept the proposed version, and that organization does not meet until May 2019. The WHO effective date for ICD-11 is Jan. 1, 2022, so the U.S will not be able to implement any earlier than that.
So the U.S. lags behind in this implementation. Thus, the doctor explains the problem with diagnosing the Chinese Wuhan Virus, particularly as cause of death.
YES, this is what I keep preaching to people about regarding owning your own health data e.g. the woman I tell the story about who went in with life threatening hyponatremia (low sodium) that some doctor and $16/hr coder changed. So she was discharged with hypokalemia (low potassium).
See the example below how many patients were being given insulin and NO codes for diabetes. It is about the order of the coding. For example, coding simple pneumoias in an ICU when in fact they had a major surgery as the primary diagnosis, but developed a simple pneumonia as the SECONDARY diagnosis.
I skipped the example, as you almost need to be a medical professional to understand it. Nevertheless, his point was made.
He validates what I suspected would be the ploy of the Left, as he continued:
This is what is going on with the Covid-19 stats. People who are already dying or x2-x3 comorbidities are being labeled as dying from the virus.
The Italian Ministry wrote: The way in which we code deaths in our country is very generous in the sense that all the people who die in hospitals with the coronavirus are deemed to be dying of the coronavirus. On re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12 per cent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus, while 88 per cent of patients who have died have at least one pre-morbidity – many had two or three.
In other words, only 12 percent of people who died of the Chinese Wuhan Virus died specifically of the virus. The other 88 percent died of an unrelated illness.
Let’s look at this another way. Let’s pretend you died in a car wreck. Then, during the autopsy they discover you had terminal cancer. Obviously, the cancer didn’t kill you.
Americans should understand now that Leftists will skew the real numbers related to death by the Chinese Wuhan Virus just to make President Trump look bad. That’s how sick they are. So be wary when you read reports about the sick and dying. Over 7,700 Americans die every day, and most will NOT die from the Chinese Wuhan.
If you like what you read here, then SIGN-UP to get our posts sent directly to your INBOX! We promise to provide information, insight, and a few chuckles. Also, YOU will be supporting a FEARLESS CONSERVATIVE WARRIOR!