The Senate secured enough votes to block the Democrats from dragging out this impeachment farce any further.
Now, it’s just a matter of time before the Senate will officially acquit the president. Democrats are out of moves. The only thing they can do is drag out the final vote by a few days.
It’s a sad day for Chuck Schumer, as he declared the impeachment “the biggest cover up in history.” Sorry Chuck, you don’t quite have your facts straight. The Democrats embarked on the biggest witch hunt in history and they lost. Only one question remains.
What will Democrats try next? Let’s just tally up the failures.
- They failed to win a rigged election.
- Then they failed to prove Trump colluded with the Russians.
- Mueller spent two years and more than $30M to fry Trump. He failed.
- Impeachment was a big fat flop.
Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?
I’m sure we could add more to the list of failures. But why bother, when we can add Trump’s accomplishments instead. Never has a president kept so many promises in so little time.
Here are just a few of the boxes Trump already checked.
- Trump’s landmark trade agreement with China.
- Trump’s new green-card policy, freshly approved by the Supreme Court that effective denies immigration to those wholly dependent upon welfare benefits.
- Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
- The highest growth rate for manufacturing jobs in THREE DECADES.
- New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
- African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
- Hispanic-American and Asian-American unemployment both sit at the lowest rate ever recorded.
- Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
- Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
- Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
It’s unfortunate that Democrats don’t realize it’s not too late. They can still hook their wagon to the winning horse, so to speak. Of course, few of them will survive the 2020 election cycle.
By the hair of McConnell’s chinney-chin-chin.
Honestly the vote carried a very narrow margin. The Senate ended up with a 51-49 decision. The good news is that Justice Roberts was not put in a position to break a tie. The bad news is that 49 Senators honestly don’t think that numerous witnesses and nearly 30,000 pages of documentation were enough to put an end to this manufactured crisis. But, that’s why our constitution is brilliant. Thus, those who lack common sense were out-voted by those with brains.
We’re told the final moments of this impeachment will coincide with the Iowa caucus.
As Fox News reports:
The final vote will come the same week as Iowa’s caucuses on Monday and the State of the Union address on Tuesday. A senior congressional source told Fox News that there has been no discussion about postponing the speech, as advance teams have been crawling all over the Capitol in preparation for Tuesday’s address.
Earlier Friday, it became apparent that Republicans had the votes to shut down any new witnesses from testifying in the trial, with Sens. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., and Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, announcing they wouldn’t defect.
After the vote on witnesses, Trump drew attention to the number of witnesses during the House’s impeachment proceedings: “Democrats = 17 Witnesses. Republicans = 0 Witnesses.”
I can’t help but think of Nancy Pelosi’s smug face as she declared “he’s impeached forever.” No Nancy, he’s acquitted. Forever!