Florida has a long standing reputation for (how do I put this mildly?) producing the dumbest of all criminals.
In fact, the internet is saturated with Florida man memes, as many Floridians end up on the 6 o’clock news. Let’s take a little trip down memory lane and look at some of the top “Florida man” headlines.
- June 11, 2012: Florida man arrested for calling 911 after kitten denied entry into strip club. (This guy wanted to police to force the club to let his kitty in. There are way too many jokes tied to this one.)
- June 27, 2012: Florida man chews off another man’s face. (This guy was shot by police after getting high and chewing on a homeless man’s face. He’s now known as the Miami cannibal.)
- Oct. 23, 2014: Florida man once arrested for fighting drag queen with tiki torch runs for mayor. (Dare I say “leadership from their finest?”)
- Jan. 1, 2015: Florida man trapped in unlocked closet for two days. (His girlfriend was with him, and she also didn’t realize they could just walk out of the closet.)
- Dec. 7, 2015: Florida man killed by alligator while hiding from cops. (I must admit, I’m humming the theme song from Cops right now. “Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do? When the alligator’s coming for you?”)
- June 8, 2017: Florida man desperate for ride to Hooters calls 911. (He pretended he was trying to get to his sick grandmother. He later served time for misusing 911.)
- Jan. 9, 2018: Florida man tries to steal rack of ribs by stashing it in his pants. (Talk about too much junk in the trunk, this guy padded his pants with ribs, fried chicken, hamburger meat, buns and mashed potatoes. I guess that’s how you have a party in your pants.)
- Jan. 8, 2019: Florida man insists syringes pulled from rectum aren’t his. (After being arrested on marijauna charges, this guy pulled three syringes from his booty, and then told police they belonged to someone else.)
- Feb. 13, 2019 : Florida man in dog costume filmed himself having sex with Siberian husky. (Not only did this guy screw the pooch, but he posted a video online!)
- Aug. 21, 2019: Florida man arrested after botched castration surgery. (This guy met someone on the dark web, then took him home to castrate him as part of a fetish.)
I wish upon wishes that I could say “that’s all folks!”
Unfortunately, there are hundreds, make that thousands, more of these. Simply Google “Florida man.” But now, we have “Florida Teachers.”
I pains me to report such abuse of children. Especially disabled children. School is meant to be a sanctuary for children. A place to learn, and grow, and prosper! Instead, here’s the headline:
Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?
“Florida educators tied mask to disabled student’s face for 6 weeks without parents’ consent, father says.”
This is wrong on so many levels.
First, mask mandates are against the law in Florida. Second, Sofia (the child in question) is non-verbal. Thus she’s unable to report mental or physical reactions to wearing the mask. Further, Sofia breathes through her mouth, thus the mask limits her airflow. Third, Sofia’s parents were never informed of the decision to tie a mask to her face. As part of her IEP (Individual Education Plan all students in special education receive), Sofia’s parents have an enhanced right to be informed about all actions taken by the school and its staff. And the school board acknowledges that Sofia had a mask exemption firmly in place.
The school had previously informed Sofia’s parents that she had been removing her shoes at school. Steele and his wife contacted Ocean Breeze around that time because they “saw big behavior changes in Sofia at home.”
“We wanted to work with the school — we were working with her IEP — because we were getting notes all the time about Sofia’s behavior at school,” Steele said. “This was concerning to us because we were seeing the same sort of negative behavior at home, and we told them that. We still did not know there was a mask on her face at this time.”
Steele has hired an attorney and is pulling his daughter out of Ocean Breeze.
“We don’t want her to be a spectacle,” the father said. Sofia’s parents have also set up a fundraiser for their daughter on GiveSendGo called “Sofia’s rights.”
DeSantis and Republican Florida Rep. Randy Fine highlighted Sofia’s story on Wednesday, and Fine is considering introducing legislation during a special session that would increase penalties for people who force children to wear masks without their parents’ consent.
“This is already criminal. I…plan to introduce legislation to increase the penalty,” Fine told Fox News. “…We’re going to be having a special session in Tallahassee, and I expect that we’ll pass a law in Sofia’s honor that puts people like Brevard Heart school board members who did this to Sofia in prison for a very long time.”
Fine added that he was “sick” when he heard Steele’s story about his daughter.
But there is something even more troubling here. These educators used “covid” as an excuse to abuse a child with Down Syndrome. On what corner of the Earth is that okay? Leftopia?
If you like what you read here, then SIGN-UP to get our posts sent directly to your INBOX! We promise to provide information, insight, and a few chuckles. Also, YOU will be supporting a FEARLESS CONSERVATIVE WARRIOR!